Looking for an Historian for Multiple Plants

J

Jamierc80

I am after some help and guidance for a project I am currently looking at to start to pull the data off our various plants. We have no standard installs, all different Scada, PLC, HMI vendors and versions. I'd like the data to be split by plant, site, country. The data is then to be used in BI reporting within Oracle. 200+ plants globally.

My background is in IT support, servers, databases, networking aren't an issue it's the lack of knowledge about Scadas and PLC's. so I'd like some guidance on the best software to achieve my goal of collecting this data from multiple plants whilst still retain some structure. As a pilot I am starting on a plant running RSView32.

When would people recommend as an easy historian to install and maintain that meets the requirements?

Thanks

Well, there are many products that can do this, but it depends on how much data you want to log and how big your budget is. For large scale systems (several thousand points, high data logging rates etc) PI is probably the market leader, but will require a big budget. http://www.osisoft.com/

The one lesson you should take from this site is that this is NOT a typical IT database project. Relational databases like Oracle, MySQL and SQLserver are exceptionally bad at storing and retrieving large volumes of time based data. You should easily be able to find posts on this site explaining why.

If you absolutely insist on reporting this data through oracle despite warnings that its probably a very bad idea, then you will need to pre process and summarize the data before it gets into your reports.

Rob
www(.)lymac.co.nz

Hello,

We are BNF Technology, a leading Korean software company. We have ready and proven solution to meet your requirements. Our enterprise historian product name is "PRISM".

PRISM can collect real-time data from multiple plants and all operational & performance data can be stored at head office PRISM server. Data security, communication link loss and web users traffic handling is taken care in PRISM system. Besides web access, it can provide you automatic sms and email alerts for real-time information sharing.

We can assure that the performance of PRISM system is the best compared with other historians. Please visit www.bnftech.com for further information.

With Regards,
Rajnikant
Email - [email protected]