ABB advant controller AC450

P

paru

Hi

I have been working with ABB AC450 since a couple of years.I have learnt many things related to programming. As i was never involved in the commissioning of the system, i never saw how to configure the hardware component. I know it is known as dimensioning.

Can someone help me to find some kind of document to understand it and know it.

If someone has some manual , i would appreciate if he can share it. I could not find on internet.

The hardware is ( mostly ) self configuring. Sometimes addresses need to be set with dip switches.

Dimensioning is the process of allocating memory to hold database and program tables. If you have access to a programming tool, then you should also have access to all the manuals you need. Otherwise type HELP DIMDB and HELP DIMPC in On line Builder.

Obviously, as you say, these commands are really only ever used at the start of a project or if some part of the system needs to be expanded. However, if you type DIMDB into a running AC450 you can see how much space was allocated to tables in the current database.

Rob
www(.)lymac.co.nz

Thanks a lot.

Thing are bit clear. Can you please tell me some steps how to proceed if I need to add one Analog Output to the PLC where i never had any AO before?

> Can you please tell me some steps how to proceed if I need to add one Analog Output to the PLC where i never had any AO before?

This is not a job for a beginner. You will need to ...
* Backup the software

* Dump the Database and Program tables (DUTDB and DUTPT)

* Install the hardware

* Re initialize the controller

* LOTDB the database tables and redimension to increase the tables to allow space for the new AO hardware.

* LOTPT the program tables

* Pray that you didn't make a mistake and that everything springs into life. If it doesn't, go back to the backup, figure out what you did wrong and start again

Seriously, get expert help if you have never done this before. Decisions about what to redimension depend on the hardware you are adding and the type of controller you have. These steps are NOT a complete description and I take no responsibility if you get into trouble following them.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz

Thanks for your information. I agree with you and i will never do it without having an expert with me or trying it on training unit. My intention was to get some idea about it.