How to access pc time via FSGateway

K

kRc_80

Hi guys, need help on the below:

Background:
My project consists of 2 pcs running the same Intouch application.
I need to create an operator action log for an Intouch 2012 application to write to a simple Operator_Log.txt file on both the 2 pcs(redundancy). The files are in folders that are mapped as "x:" drive, pointing to each other.

I need to:
Check connectivity between 2 pcs to decide whether to write an operator action log to the x: drive. Because if the connectivity is down, there is a hang of some 10 seconds everytime Intouch tries to write(when operator does an action) to the pc that it cannot reach. To do this I plan to have a script to monitor a counter on the other pc so that a "lost comms" is taken when the counter stops incrementing.

I need help on:
Creating some tag on FSGateway that represents the "seconds" of the other pc. I know it can be done via monitoring the other pc's windowviewer's $seconds, but this means a "lost comms" when the other pc's windowviewer is shut down. Tried googling for a long time but couldnt find anything. Hope someone here can help me.

I tried some function that checks the validity of a file at a certain directory but this function also hangs the application when the connectivity is lost.

Thanks in advance.