Generator Exciter Stator

C

Chris

What should be the ohm value across F1 and F2 on a exciter stator...? I was working on a unit today with low voltage. I checked ohm value between F1 and F2 and had 25 ohms with wires removed from AVR. Attempted to flash field w/6 volt battery and connected 6 volt battery to F1 and F2 going to exciter while unit was running briefly touched and AC Voltage went up to desired voltage...as soon as I removed voltage went back down to half the needed value.

Connected DMM leads to F1 and F2 terminals on AVR While unit was running with exciter leads connected to AVR and had 12VDC...

Was thinking the problem could be in the rotating rectifier that I have been unable to access because on this smaller unit its a pain to gain access to...By the way the voltage regulator is a "Leroy Somer R230"

Thanks in advance for any help or direction in this issue.
Chris

> What is the make and model of alternator that the AVR is connected to?

Its a Olympian G20UH3..

P
> Its a Olympian G20UH3..

Hi Chris,

is there a separate name plate on the alternator listing the make and model of the alternator itself. I would suggest that CAT/Olympian rebadged a Leroy-Somer due to the fact there is a Leroy branded AVR on it.

If not, then you may need to contact your local CAT/Olympian dealership as they tend to not have this information readily available online.

Alternatively, do you have the users manual for this machine, it should have the information you require in a technical datasheet or in a factory test record.

Sorry I could not help much more...