Mark V & VI analog 4-20ma TMR cards

A

anonymous112

I am looking to better understand how the three processors RST communicate with the TMR 4-20ma analog output card on the GE MkV MkVI and latest e series turbine controls. My main questions are how many actual outputs there are and imputs? For example the servo output TMR cards use three +/-10ma ouputs (one from each processor) to the servo valve and two LVDTs are fed back to the controls that are then split between the three processors. Looking for any help the vast knowledge base here has to offer.

Thank you in advance.

anonymous112,

Hmmm....

The number of analog outputs (servo outputs and 4-20 mA outputs) varies with each version of Mark Speedtronic, and the type of output also varies with the version of Mark Speedtronic.

Your best source of information for the Mark V is the Mark V Application Manual, GEH-6195. The Mark VI System Guide is your best source of information for the Mark VI; GEH-6421. The Mark VIe System Guide, GEH-6721, is the best source of information for the Mark VIe.

Servo outputs are very different from other "milliamp" outputs (4-20 mA, primarily) because each controller (<R>, <S>, and <T>) each drive one of three coils of a single servo-valve. The other milliamp outputs are single outputs. Some of these other milliamp outputs are driven by the "voted" output of <R>, <S> and <T>; some are "SIMPLEX" outputs driven by a single controller (<C> for the Mark V; <R> or <S> or <T> for the Mark VI/VIe).

If you are trying to drive servo-type outputs with multiple coils that involves choosing a regulator type from one of several available. Some servo-outputs can be configured to be +/-10 mA, +/-20 mA, and 0-200 mA--it just depends on the type of cards used for the version of the Mark.

So, we don't really have enough information to understand what you want to do with the outputs. But, really, your best source of information--at least to begin with--are the manuals. Sometimes finding the information can be difficult, but if you can get the manuals (no; I can't provide them) and need some help with finding information or understanding information just write back with more details on what you want to do with the output(s), and what you didn't find or need more clarification to understand.