OPC Server

R

Razak

Hye =)

I'm Razak that have some difficulty to understand about the OPC Server. Can you give me some explanation or recommendation about the problem that I have to choose the correct software to my problem. The problem is:-

I have three slave devices that using communication port RS485 and Modbus TCP. I want all three devices sent the data to the OPC Server save it and make a customize auto reporting in (Word, Excel, PDF or etc).
Can you help me about this problem.

Thanks & Regards

OPC was originally promoted as an alternative to DDE, a Microsoft protocol for communicating with and populating an Excel spreadsheet. There are software packages that do talk to Excel through an OPC server.

Depending on what your end goal is, you might investigate data acquisition software and their associated reporting features, because the report is the important thing, not the means used to collect the data. There is no rule that says that OPC is absolutely essential in getting data via Modbus. Any software package with a Modbus driver can fetch data from Modbus slaves, the question is, where does the data go, how is stored, and what tools are available to create the report needed from the raw data. Those questions focus more on the client end, not the server end.

actually i'm using OPC Server (Matrikon) software but so many software that confusing me to choose the suitable one for the Data Transfer between Slave device to slave device and Slave device to OPC Server once at a time. Any Suggestion or anyone that used Matrikon software?

R

Ryan Plester

Hi Razak,

Have you tried MatrikonOPC's Explorer, included with the OPC server, to see if it can get data or not?