ALARM SILENCE BUTTON NOT WORKING

K

kwaku

Dear All,
I would be grateful if someone can help me with the following issue:

My site uses a MarkVIe with Cimplicity Version 6.1.
We have installed an alarm module which needs a just dry contact to sound so we decided to use the L30ALM signal to drive it through a discrete I/O card contact.

The problem is that we are trying to use the SILENCE button on the Alarm page of the HMI to make the signal HORN_SIL_PCB change to TRUE in order to use it to drive a push button handler in TOOLBOXST.

However, whenever the Silence button is pressed on the HMI,the HORN_SILENCE_PCB signal does not change state but continue to remain false.

What are your suggestions please?

Without reading any documentation, perhaps the HORN_SILENCE_PCB is reacting to the fault and not the button? What happens to the signal when you clear the fault, or in normal (no fault) operation?

Other things to check - is your silence button hooked up to the correct terminals? Is the "Alarm Silence" option enabled (if appropriate/available)? Is your button actually actuating? Do the "alarm silence" terminals expect an NO, NC, positive edge, negative edge, or a voltage to be applied to activate the "alarm silence" feature, and is that actually happening?

I'm just trying to cover some of the bases. =8o)