Snatch prevention pressure sensor mats

C

Consell

Hello,
I am a new guy here, so please tolerate my stupidity!

I am looking for sensors that work together with security systems in museums, galleries, exhibitions and homes.

The sensors, or sensor-mats shall produce a signal when the pressure of an object that permanently placed upon it, is removed.

With other words, it must stay inactive while a pressure applied upon it (i.e. the weight of the object that the device guards), and raise an alarm, when the pressure is greatly reduced or disappears entirely. This would be used to protect small but valuable sculptures and other art objects, weighing a few kilograms.

Thin sensors or complete sensor-based alarm systems are interesting. Please let me know if you can give me a pointer to these products.

Thank you in advance!

G

Gerald Beaudoin

Not quite in the "snatch prevention" category, but more "snatch detection"! My first though was some of the more recent laser distance measuring sensors which will accurately measure to fractions of a millimeter. Could have a couple of these focused on key features of the object. Any movement of the target would be reported to a monitoring system.

Cheers

Gerald Beaudoin