CompactLogix to Micrologix over 900mHz wireless

D

David

I had what is basically a SCADA application comprised of a SLC5/05 communicating serially (DF1) to a MDS TransNet 900 (900MHz wireless radio(Master)) to eight Micrologix 1200's via DF1 through MDS TransNet 900 (900 MHz wireless radio (Slaves)).

The SLC5/05 died. I would like to replace it with a CompactLogix L33ER. Before anyone says it, we are trying to standardize on hardware through the facility and the L33ER fits best for us in most applications (except this one, obviously!).

The architecture:
CompactLogix---Digi One IAP---MDS Transnet 900 )))))) wireless ((((( MDS Transnet 900---MicroLogix 1200 (there are 8 of these nodes that the Master communicates with)

Now for the problem: I am unable to make the CompactLogix communicate to the Micrologix through the IAP. The MSG Instruction originates in the CompactLogix. I am using a SLC Typed Read through the ethernet port with a Communication path of LocalENB, 2, 192.168.10.20.

I have set the IAP up using Port 2 as the Message Destination, using the DF1 Master Protocol, 8, None, 1, None. Currently, it is set to read just a single node, but the final solution will require communication with all 8 nodes.

I have the Network set as the Message Source, using Ethernet/IP protocol

The MDS TransNet is basically a 900MHz to DF1 converter.

Is there something obvious that I have missed in this configuration? Is there something that I should have configured differently in the CompactLogix? I appreciate any advice, information and/or insight to solve this "little" problem!