Integrating Honeywell EBI & Honeywell XL5000 series

K

Karim S

We are going for site visit this Tuesday 29 Oct-2013, and it is crucial that we communicate with the Honeywell BMS system. As i know, another system integrator have successfully communicated with the DDC (XL50 & XL10) on the network using Bacnet IP protocol. it seems also that he get the database from the Honeywell BMS using 'Quick tools'? And then used it?

I desperately need an expert answer to clarify the steps needed in order for our SCADA client to read from the Honeywell BMS. THe SCADA client can be an OPC Client SCADA or can use its own Bacnet IP driver.

Description of the system below:

The building management system (BMS) consists of the direct digital controller (Honeywell XL5000 series), BMS central workstation EBI Server (Enterprise Buildings Integrator), XL10 fan coil unit controllers, Lighting Control System (interfaced to EBI either via BACnet over TCP/IP or EIB) & Secondary chiller water pumps controller.

The DDC Controllers (XL50 and XL10 fan coil unit controllers) are interfaced with the Central Software EBI via Lon-Bus communication. There is a panel located in the Control Room; the panel houses the Lon-bus communications.
Individual Lon-busses are connected to the L-switch on a FT-10Protocol; the L-switch is connected with the LIP module on the FT-1250Protocol.

REALLY NEED HELP

THANKS

Hi, Sorry I missed this but I will post the solution(S). EBI with Loytec L-switch and L-IP means a LON system. You can work with the LNS database OR you can get Loytec L-INX servers. These are LON devices and OPC XML/DA servers. You can either scan the EBI nodes directly or use the LNS database as the LINX configuration tool opens as a plugin.

Then, when you bring in the LON data you need, these points are simultaneously OPC tags.

> We are going for site visit this Tuesday 29 Oct-2013, and it is crucial that we communicate with the Honeywell BMS system. ...
> Description of the system below:

> The building management system (BMS) consists of the direct digital controller (Honeywell XL5000 series),
> BMS central workstation EBI Server (Enterprise Buildings Integrator), XL10 fan coil unit controllers, Lighting
> Control System (interfaced to EBI either via BACnet over TCP/IP or EIB) & Secondary chiller water pumps controller.

> The DDC Controllers (XL50 and XL10 fan coil unit controllers) are interfaced with the Central Software EBI via
> Lon-Bus communication. There is a panel located in the Control Room; the panel houses the Lon-bus communications.
> Individual Lon-busses are connected to the L-switch on a FT-10Protocol; the L-switch is connected with the LIP
> module on the FT-1250Protocol.

R
Hi

I have XL50-MMI. Its not showing anything in EBI PC.

is there any way to connect with PC and download and upload Firmware?

please help me if any body knows.