Forced balance temperature transmitter span calibration

J

jon fukuki

I am trying to calibrate my forced balance transmitter. The output pressure is just under 15 psi at 100% of input.

Is there a span adjustment that you can do on a forced balance temperature transmitter? I see a zero adjustment, but no output span adjustment on my device.

W

William \(Bill\) L Mostia Jr PE

Normally it is located at the force beam to adjust the beam's pivot point. It would help if you said what brand and model you have. It probably also would help if you read the instrument's manual (sans having that, you might find the manual on the Internet with a little searching). It is difficult to help people when they don't provide enough information.

William (Bill) L. Mostia, Jr. PE
ISA Fellow, SIS-TECH Fellow,
FS Eng. (TUV Rheinland)
SIS-TECH Solutions, LP

Any information is provided on Caveat Emptor basis.
--------------------------------------------------

If it's a true force balance transmitter, the style with the diaphragms stacked on "top' of one another (on the same center axis) with an obvious zero adjustment on the 'top', like the old Taylor 200T, then the span adjustment was at opposite end of the zero adjustment, at the bottom, as it were.

If I recall, the span adjustment moved the nozzle in or out, closer or further from the baffle. Adjusting span was an iterative process, because moving the nozzle affected the zero by affecting the backpressure which affected the zero spring loading.