Wire markers

B

Bill

Does anybody know where I can buy o-type PVC tube and a PVC labeler in the US. So I don't have to buy one from Taiwan or china?

I am a field service Eng. but We have a panel building Dept. that uses nylon brady and self laminating labels to build panels and it is ridiculous. lol.

Although the self laminating doesn't look so bad but is not ideal for large panels.

Thanks in advance!
Bill

Bill,

This is the second time you've posted for this information.

While you may have a preference for these types of labels, I think you are finding that there is no such preference in many shops, or from Customers, in most places in North America and Europe. The o-type PVC labels you describe do not stay in place very well on most wires (unless there is a tight bend in the wire just as it comes off the terminal board) and they "roll" so that when one needs to see a wire or conductor number it's usually hidden from view and someone has to roll the label to be able to see the information.

Also, the use of PVC in most panels is not accepted from a safety standpoint (fire and toxic smoke and the like) and is prohibited in most requests for proposals/quotes for new equipment. PVC-coated wire is banned in most control panel construction in many parts of the industrialized world (in addition to its toxic smoke property, lead is (or was) commonly used in the manufacture of the PVC (for stabilization purposes). PVC coated wire is acceptable for many non-plenum and outdoor applications, but not for most control panels, many of which are located in or very near inhabited control rooms and offices in facilities and plants.

And, even though there are different types of "PVC" just the mere mention of "PVC" used inside a control panel will raise flags and could lead to a lot of costly re-work.

Also, to many panel shops and Customers, the labels just look ... inexpensive (to use the politically correct term).

I'm sure it's possible to find something similar made of a different material, but the "instability" of the labels and their general appearance are going to be a detraction for most shops and Customers. It will lead to comments like, "It looks like it was built in [Asia]," which is not always a compliment.

Kevin,

Thanks! I do know people who are looking for the single character type of markers Partex sells, so this is very helpful.