Citect Modnet driver

K

kk

i have a device compatible to Modbus tcp protocol. i am using citect 7.2 for data acquisition. i have used modnet as a driver for this device. my modbus tcp device i/o driver modnet do not respond for any input discrete tags. but it is able to read all analog input registers data and able to respond to output discrete tags.

please suggest the probable solution.

MODBUS TCP I/O driver modnet not responding to input discrete tags, but is able to read all analog input register data and able to respond to output discrete tags.

if anybody have solution please provide help. its urgent. i have tried so many things but all wasted.

please help

L

Lynn August Linse

First ask the vendor of the 'Modbus compatible' device. Second ask CiTect.

Most likely this is related to limitations in the device. For example, Citect MIGHT be reading 8 or 16 inputs and the device rejects this because it only has 5 inputs - someone else asked a similar question a few weeks ago.

If that is true, you might need to ask Citect how to more finely control what is requested - I've never used it and have no idea if any of my comments apply.

I had used the citect modnet driver many times - it works OK. You must read the device modbus specification, try the input discretes or coil address (example 10001 or 00001). You can contact me by Skype login - skype_redfox, if you have any troubles with Citect SCADA.

Hi

i use multiple modnet device for my I/O device. The problem is the output response intermittent. i created a button for each device in one page. i have to toggle the button several times to get the response.

I am sory for posting here. I use windows 8.1, but when I run my first project vijeo Citect Modnet and TCP/IP incompatible.

would you like to give me solving this?

I'll very appreciate it
Thank you

>I had used the citect modnet driver many times - it works
>OK. You must read the device modbus specification, try the
>input discretes or coil address (example 10001 or 00001).
>You can contact me by Skype login - skype_redfox, if you
>have any troubles with Citect SCADA.