Electromagnetic flow meter problems

K

karthick

i have electromagnetic flow meter of chemtrols. problem here is totaliser value is adding only after 35m3/hr and nothing below that flow. i cleaned the electrodes, checked earthing and ss rings also.

kindly suggest.

Most, if not all, flow meters have a setting called something like "Low flow cutoff". When the flow rate is below the low flow cutoff, the flow meter reports a flow rate of zero. The totalizer uses the flow rate value, which if it is zero, adds nothing to the total.

Reduce the low flow cutoff value to zero or some value lower than what it is set at now, in order for the flow meter's totalizer to accumulate and report the flow.

Thanks for that information David. "Low flow cutoff" is a known term to me and thanks for explaining how it is related to the totaliser value of the flowmeter.

And karthick, I hope you got understand the issue. You can reduce the low flow cut off value to zero or to some other low value. If still it didn't work properly, better get another flow meter. The flow meter that I have purchased is from NRI parts at Brampton, it's showing the readings properly.

I don't have issues with thermal flow meter. My problem is with Wet Test Meters that have pulse output signal. They have been difficult to verify their flow reading.