control adinistration

R

Reeny

hi
I would be so appreciated if one help me in this problem:
we'd taken a backup for ES (Engineering Station), on a tape then we restored the backup on a new hard and kept it.

we made changes on some diagrams of the installed (original) hard and transferred it to the AS, after few months the installed (original) hard crashed, so we put the backup hard in the service, but the new hard (ES) didn't has the new modifications which really executed in the AS.

is there a way to normalize the new ES with the AS?

No. I am afraid not. You can not import the logic back in from the AS. You have only a few options.

1.) Redo the logic changes in the ES if you can.
If you now what drawings you changes and you are familiar with ladder logic you can view the code in the running PG and find what changes you made.

2.) Hopefully you have kept some database backups.
By default the EWS is configured to perform a database backup every night to the hard drive and to the SCSI tape. The database backup can be read back in on the hard drive and then you have to destroy/create the database and import the database backup.

thanks a lot Mrl, shall you help me in the process of the second option, please

> 2.) Hopefully you have kept some database backups.
> By default the EWS is configured to perform a database backup every night to the hard drive
> and to the SCSI tape. The database backup can be read back in on the hard drive and then you
> have to destroy/create the database and import the database backup.

Not sure what your experience level is. The process for someone with little unix exposure may not be able to perform the task. General steps to reload a tape backup:

1.) Copy tape contents on hard drive.

2.) Backup current database and verify complete.

3.) Destroy the database.

4.) Create the database.

5.) Reload the database using the reload.ing command file in the directory where you restored the tape contents.

If any of these steps do not sound familiar you may want someone with experience to perform the database restore.