ground earth

K

KHAIRI

hello friends
I am working on GE Turbine MS5001 MARK VI TMTR. How could i locate ground earth from toolbox?

Hello, KHAIRI, or khairi,

I don't think you can see or monitor the earth (ground) resistance using Toolbox, unless there is a new power monitoring block.

However, you should be able to monitor the battery supply voltage of both the positive and negative legs of the battery supply with respect to ground from signals available in Toolbox. (I don't have access to a Toolbox .m6b file at this writing, and I don't recall the names of the signals--but I seem to recall that they both started with "125" or something similar). And the relationship between the two will tell you the "health" of the battery supply (which should be UNgrounded).

For example, if the positive reading was +64.7 VDC and the negative reading was -65.3 VDC, then there is no ground on either leg of the 125 VDC battery. If the positive reading was +29.9 VDC and the negative reading was -101.1 VDC then there is a slight ground on the positive leg of the battery. And, if the positive reading was +130.1 VDC and the negative reading was -0.1 VDC, there is a "hard" ground on the negative leg (because the difference between the negative leg and ground is basically 0 VDC--no difference; it's grounded).