Reading text information from OPC to yokogawa CS3000

A

ANWESHA

Hi,

The situation is - I am working with a pharmaceutical company which has Yokogara DCS. There is a separate system which scans the Batch number of the medicines and feeds it to OPC. I would like to read it from the OPC and display in the graphics of CS3000.

Is it possible in some way? Please help.

F

Fred Loveless

I believe that the CEntum can be a Modbus Master. If you scan the batch number and write it to a Modbus Slave, like the KEPWare Modbus Slave driver, the Centum can then read that batch number from the Modbus Slave.

Hi Anwesha,

If your customer uses a data historian (e.g. Exaquantum) you will probably find that there is already an OPC connection directly to your control stations.

On site here lab samples are entered into a separate database. We created BDSET-2C blocks in an FCS, and then on the Exaquantum server a scheduled task regularly pulls the data from the lab database and writes it via the ExaOPC servers to the BDSET-2C blocks.
The graphics are created reading the BDSET-2C data parameters.

If you are using an OPC historian, this method means no additional hardware, and is probably within the existing network security practices.

Plenty of other ways to move data though, each with their own pros and cons.

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. The last reply by BC* nailed it.

Yes there is a historian (Exaquantum) and an OPC here. I used the BDSET - 2C block as suggested by you to read the Batch number as string.

Thank you so much.

Regards
Anwesha