New to the motion world

R

raph_rf

Hello I have a new project with 11 axes of motion (Servos). I have three options now:

- Siemens D435-2 with software simotion scout

-the new Schneider lmc078 with somachine motion

-Beckhoff (CX2000)

I know that Beckhoff & Schneider do interpolations with the G-code. Is it better/easier with this manner or i am better with Siemens?

Did you have some experience with these ones?
Do you have any advice?

I want to be sure to take the good way.. Thank you!!

W

William Sturm

If you are new to motion, I would advise using whichever product seems to be the most mature.  New to motion and using a new product may not be such a good combination, unless you have lots of time to experiment.  Look for good clear documentation and phone or on-site support options.

J

James Ingraham

From a technical standpoint, I don't think there's anything wrong with the three choices you've got. Far more important, especially if you're new to motion control, is your relationship with the vendors. Is there someone local that can come over and help? Do they have training classes in your area? An 11-axis motion control project doesn't sound like something where you just want a box of parts to show up at your door. You want some hand-holding and support. Geography matters; Siemens is not as big in the US as it is in Europe or China. I asked about Schneider on this forum a while back and apparently it's widely used in Africa. Beckhoff doesn't have nearly the size of Siemens or Schneider, but they are far more focused. So the question isn't really "which is better?" but rather "who makes the most sense for support?"

Hope that helps,
James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

Hello raph_rf

Maybe you should tell us which technological task your application will provide, such as
- metal cutting machine like cnc machine
- packaging machines, winding...
- handling, robots
- printing machines
- other

this requirements will drive your choice too.

Siemens offer Sinumerik products for G-code motion and handling for example.

Ciao
Paolo

Hi paolo

it's for Pick and place (Handling) machine. We have a 3 axis robot arm (RRR) on a 3 axis cartesian gantry for move boxes of 300kg. I want to use inverse kinematic.

Let me know.
thank you