Startup Gas Turbine

G

GE mark vi

Gas turbine make hitachi
control system MARK VI

Is there is any provision for startup gas turbine with external pushbutton (aux.PB)? We have startup from HMI (cimplicity). Hitachi gas turbine MARK VI CONTROL SYSTEM.

Is there is any additional option to start up gas turbine with auxiliary startup push button.

(Like emergency stop PB).

Yes there is.

You'll have to just use the Push button connected as a Digital input to a remote I/O panel. This signal has to be latched and added in parallel to the start-up sequence command in the DCS logic.

So now you may be able to start the plant when all start-up permissive conditions are ready and the start push button is pressed or the start command from the DCS control screen is triggered.(From the same line of logic command).

It would be advisable though to install the start-up button where the operator can see and calculate additional system values to make critical decisions as well. Although ergonomically it would look comforting, it is not recommended to have such a button as it increases chances for accidental start ups. Which is much more risky to the system, when compared to Emergency Stops.

All,

Just to clarify--the Speedtronic (Mark VI in this thread, per the original poster) <b>requires</b> a momentary contact closure to initiate a START--not a maintained contact. (In fact, most all Speedtronic command inputs are momentary, not maintained--even to select a particular fuel, a mode, or load control.)

It would be nice to understand why the HMI can't be reliably used to start the turbine at the original poster's site. This seems very odd, to say the least. While it's possible to initiate a START via a <i>momentary</i> contact closure of a discrete input connected to the Speedtronic panel, it just seems odd that someone wants an "old-fashioned", hard-wired input in this day and age (when people are upset when provided a dot matrix printer for an Alarm Logger printer!).

Even if a maintained contact closure is provided to the DCS to initiate a signal to the Speedtronic--the output of the DCS to the Speedtronic needs to be momentary (yes, even if it goes over MODBUS or Ethernet).