HMI Firmware for MAGELIS XBT R410

C

CHERIF Hamza

Hello,

We have to replace the old HMI on N2 unite with a new one. The old HMI is Magelis XBT P021110 (model obsolete), and the new one is Magelis XBT R410. Once I have installed the HMI, it could not communicate with the PLC and need to install the Firmware version 4.5.

I tried to upload the firmware from the old HMI with the software Vijeo Designer Lite but with no success. I need to have the XBT L1000 software which I do not have.

Could any one can guide me if it is possible to get the firmware from the PLC TSX Momentum.

if there is any other solution, please advice.

Regards
Hamza CHERIF

B
The "firmware" for a Magelis (operating system) must be compatible with the graphic software. Vijeo Designer checks the HMI and updates the firmware in the HMI to "match" the version of the Vijeo Designer Software.

The newer models, like the "R" models are NOT supported by the older XBTL1000 software. New generations of the HMI use Vijeo Designer.

It is not possible to use the old software to program the new HMI.

If your project is not too complicated, it will be quicker and cheaper to re-create it.

As far as I know Vijeo Designer is free and easy to use. Just to configure the communications with a Schneider PLC you normally need to use a generic Modbus protocol.

B
Vijeo Designer is a "free" download and you can develop and test, but the application cannot be loaded into an HMI.

> As far as I know Vijeo Designer is free and easy to use. Just to configure the
> communications with a Schneider PLC you normally need to use a generic Modbus protocol.