Point I/O Master PLC

J

Jason

I have 8 PointI/O remote Locations that need a master. I have already read on here, and seems like micrologix is not recommended.

Which contoller shall I use, compactlogix? Thing is I have only have 4 dig i.o on master side.

P

PLC Programmer

You may use Compact logix series PLCs for the application. It would be definitely recommended. But as you mentioned, your application is limited or small. If you are looking for cheaper alternatives, you can go for PLC brands such as Delta, Mitsubishi, Schneider etc.

Hope this helps.

> I have 8 PointI/O remote Locations that need a master. I have already read on here, and seems like micrologix is not recommended.

> Which contoller shall I use, compactlogix? Thing is I have only have 4 dig i.o on master side.

B

Bob Peterson

micrologix does not support point I/O.

depending on what you are trying to do it can be quite cost effective to just use a micrologix 1100 or 1400 at each drop instead of remote I/O of some sort.

You would need to look and see for sure but I think all of the compactlogix processors with ethernet will support 8 ethernet remote I/O drops. there are several that have some built in I/O that would probably work for you.

--
Bob
http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

You would need at least a 1769-L18ER controller, which supports 8 remote nodes on EtherNet/IP; the smaller -L16ER only support four remote network devices.

Unless you're building a hundred copies of this control system, I wouldn't fret about surplus I/O on the base unit.