Downloading Error in Moscad Programming

S

salih.sma

We met some issues in moscad RTU, errors in downloading application. Can find your spare time to help us to solve the issues.

We are unable to make download the programming into Motorola CPU 300. When we try to make download the FIU program into Motorola CPU 300 then messages are comes like below:-

Messages are:-

NEED RAM SIZE 62196 BYTES
COMMUNICATIONS FAILED
CONFIGURATION DOES NOT MATCH
DOWNLOAD FAILED.

Hope we get solution soon from any one of you.

my mail id is:- [email protected]

J
It has been a couple of years since I have done substantial Moscad work... but here are some hints...

I assume you were downloading the application and config files through either the "Appl Prog" or the "Downloader" applications.

Verify you have good communication before you go any further.

The quickest way to verify good communication between your PC and the Moscad 300 is to use the "Site Date and time" applet... it will succeed or fail faster than any of the other applets.

Once you have verified good communication...

First, download only the desired configuration file using the "Moscad Site Config" applet or the "Moscad-Moscal-L Site Config" applet. The name of the applet changed with later version of Moscad Toolbox.

If this fails and gives you some sort of configuration mismatch error, erase the cpu and try again.

Once you get the configuration successfully downloaded, try downloading the application through the "Appl Prog". If this succeeds then you know you have enough memory in the CPU for the application.

If this fails, your compiled version of the application may have been compiled with a different configuration file, compiled for a different version firmware, or may be too large for this specific CPU.

If it succeeds, then you can download all the files using the "downloader" application.

If you are using a previously created downloader file, make sure it points at current and correct files then download using this application (to get network config or MODBUS or AB drivers loaded.)

Note that to be used as an FIU, your Moscad 300 needs to have firmware version 3.67 or later.

jack