Valve Couplers FD0-VC-Ex4.FF

S

Stephen Haruna

I'm using the above coupler between TEC 2000 (MOV) and a Deltav Foundation Fieldbus(FF) card. The current connection (configuration) is not working. I cannot send signal to and from MOV through the coupler. Coupler does not receive signal from the DCS neither does it transmit signal from the MOV to the DCS.

The connect is this:
The FF cable is connected straight to coupler and from the coupler straight to the MOV(Final Field Element) with no terminal in between the coupler and MOV.

Please, kindly advise

1. the best connection I can do to be able to send and receive signal from a remote DCS location using 2:1 procedure.

2. parameter "Actuator Fail Action" to set to be able to receive a field back

3. do I need a Field Terminal Block?

Note: currently, the following error is in the transducer block "Error before start: Valve is not in final position"

Thanks,

Maybe you could clarify. If you connect the FF cable from DCS FF card to the Valve coupler and then extend the FF cable to the MOV, it infers that the MOV has a FF positioner.

If the MOV has an FF positioner, what is the purpose of the coupler?

What is the coupler supposed to do that an FF positioner on the MOV will not do?

S

Steohen Haruna

well, the FF positioners can be wired to/from the valve coupler using the 2:1 procedure and also they had future expansion in mind.