Vibration Monitoring System Replacement

C

chiru

we have 7 steam turbines in our plant (ranging from 30mw to 210mw). all machines are around 15-25 years old. vibration monitoring systems were supplied by OEMs are of different make. we want to replace vibration monitoring systems with a common make with added features like analysis. of course GE/bently is one of the option. readers can share their experiences with other make also regarding features and performance, so that we can take informed decision while replacing the system in next 6-8 months.

thanks in advance

GE/Bentley would be a good choice--just make sure there are lots of due diligence on the sensors and connections.

ge/bentley will be a good choice but the price being asked is too high. hence this query to find/get other make.

> GE/Bentley would be a good choice--just make sure there are lots of due diligence on the sensors and connections.

thanks

Chiru,

my suggestion would be that you look at all vendors. Bently is the company who pioneered the vibration monitoring system. In my opinion the others out there are simply "copying".

I have heard the statement too many times, "Oh that OEM is too expensive". Again in my opinion you get what you pay for. If you are shopping simply on cost then you are doing yourself and your plant a dis-service. There are some much cheaper alternatives out there that are very nice looking. You need to determine the level of service you expect. The lifespan of the equipment you plan to purchase and protect. How you want to integrate the new system with older in place hardware and software already in use. You have a large task to perform, given the short time, 6-8 months in which to plan this activity.

For steam turbine application BENTLY VIBRATION 3500SEIRES IS GOOD

Regards
saradhi

>ge/bentley will be a good choice but the price being asked
>is too high. hence this query to find/get other make.
>
>> GE/Bentley would be a good choice--just make sure there
>are lots of due diligence on the sensors and connections.

Hi

for your application, all oil and gas industry Bently vibration 3500 series is installed and working good and more reliable.

how is epro (now taken over by Emerson) system? any suggestions?

>for your application, all oil and gas industry Bently
>vibration 3500 series is installed and working good and more
>reliable.