Field Communicator 475 Meter Verification of Micromotion Flowmeter

S

Shams_ul_Islam

Hi,

Today we performed meter verification using field communicator 475 on Emerson flow-transmitter 1700 series installed on one of our gas turbine micromotion flowmeter F200S, to verify the meter calibration. Please note that the whole process was done on No-flow and full pipe condition.

We worked with online HART device option in which I connected HART communicator with flow transmitter device and automatically it detected the connected field device i.e. transmitter. Connection was successfully done and we saw all online menu available on field communicator device display for that flow-transmitter. We run Process Variable option and saw all the readings which the flow transmitter was displaying and it worked fine.

We have encountered an issue with meter verification selection. This option is available under menu Diagnostics and Service -> Calibration -> Meter Verification. When we selected this, communicator showed two-options to be selected i.e. 1) Last value 2) Fault. If we select any one of them, stiffness value was asked by the menu to be selected from a table enlisted as 0.1, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0. Here we have no further information to proceed in correct way. Anyhow, we selected and run the meter verification, field communicator showed message on the display "meter verification error". What does that mean and what is the way out/corrective measure to do meter verification successfully?

Hi Shams

what I understand from your message that you are trying to use the smart meter verification option in your transmitter. First of all do you really get this option correctly? this option basically checks for the meter integrity through checking several parameters one of them is the stiffness. Anyways can you get the full meter part number (both sensor and transmitter)? and where do you live? I can give you the contact of your local micromotion technical support.

B.R

S

Shams_ul_Islam

Thanks for reply.

I am working for Saudi Electricity Co. Saudi Arabia, and we have several number of micro-motion flowmeters installed.

1st Case:
Sensor:
Model: CMF300M425N2EZE2ZZ
S.No.: 14202639

Transmitter:
Model: 2700R12AEFEZCZ
S.No.: 3812608

For the above information, communicator shows "device not found". It appears that I do not have DD file. Is it so?

2nd Case:
Sensor:
Model: F200S343CCAZEZZZZ
S.No: 14087156

Transmitter:
Model: 1700l11ABFEZZZ (Qty: 7)
S.No.: 3781547

The above information are related to the problem which I posted as question.

Thank you.

You are welcome.

Regarding F200S, the reason that you are getting the error message is that you don't have this feature on this meter i.e your part number indicates that you have a compact meter that doesn't have smart meter verification option. It's an option that you specify during ordering time.

Regarding Your CMF300M, however I don't know how old is your 475 but to me this seems to be missing DD file, have you tried another one of the same type?

Anyways, send me your email to forward it to your local micromotion representative who can help you with it.

S

Shams_ul_Islam

My email is [email protected]

I have made contact with Emerson AbuDhabi where Mr. Jojo. K. C | Flow Supervisor, Middle East Flow Service Center - Abu Dhabi is intouch with me.

The same information which you have provided, was informed by him. Now I am in discussion with him on some issues with CMF300 sensor as communicator showing 'No device found'.

Thank you,
Shams.

S

Shams_ul_Islam

I am done with SMV on CMF300 sensors. Problem is with the load resistance because we are using 2700 series transmitter RS-485 ports for remote signaling, nistead mA.

Once I used 250Ohm load resistance across mA terminal then SMV was done.

Thank you,
Shams.