APS 5000/TDC 3000 History Module Replacement

M

mohid

We have a DCS installed at our plant site which has Yamatake APS5000 at front end and Honeywell-Yamatake TDC3000 backend.

Recently an alarm appeared on DCS for History Module. On checking the alarm, we found that the one of the two single redundant HM hard disks has encountered a bad sector and needs replacement.

On contacting Yamatake (now Azbil) we found that they no longer provide the HDD and instead provide Solid State hard disks for new systems. However they cannot guarantee the solid state drive would work with our system unless their own engineer visits the plant. Since the plant is located in Karachi Pakistan they cannot visit the site as per their Government regulations.

I needed to know if anyone else has suffered a similar problem and/or performed HM drive replacement and can guide me regarding how to proceed towards a replacement solution.

I had many experiences in replacing and upgrading History Modules (HM), for both leading DCS manufacturers.

Depends on HM's specification or model number, the replacement part(s); and sometimes the problem-solving techniques may differ.

I might guide you for fixing your problem. but before that, I need more details about the HM conditions and specification.

You can contact me at: AndiJulizarC(at)GMail(dot)com.

Thanks