InTouch Report Using MS Access

A

Apostolos

Dear All,

My scope is to create a 'crystal report' using an excel file. I have already created a Microsoft Access Database (table with 4 columns and 1 line). On the other hand, I have created the relevant window in the intouch (4 TexBox, 1 confirm button, and 1 'show me the file' button). I would like to know how I can connect with the MS Access and write in the TexBox and to make it appear in the excel file.

Thanks in Advance,
Apostolos

Hello Apostolos,

If you are using Crystal because you have it, then this is of no use. If you're looking for the easiest way to generate a report, have a look at InTouch's reporting partner. You wouldn't need the texbox and confirm and show-me buttons.

http://software.schneider-electric....oduction-information-management/dream-report/

You'd have a driver to map directly to your Access db. You could then select data based on date, time or event queries and perform any calcs you need, then create any report you want or place the results into an Excel file. There's Web Portal functionality that will enable you to review the data and then trigger a write to the Excel file.