Water Injection in Thermal Plants

S

Senecaster

Please i want to understand how water injection in thermal plants affect the environments.

Water injection (in Gas Turbine applications) is typically used to lower firing temperature, thus reducing NOx emmissions.

> Please i want to understand how water injection in thermal plants affect the environments.

senecaster,

Great question. But, at the risk of seeming like another responder here on control.com, I'm going to ask you a question in answer to your question (which may seem rude under most circumstances--but I hope I can explain why it's not)>.

If you're asking this question--again a very good question--you must have some opinion, or been told something or read something you question. All I ask is for you to tell us what your opinion is (and why), or what you've been told or read that has prompted this (great) question.

I assure you--and everyone reading this thread--I have an answer, but it will probably surprise and may even shock some people. But, first I want to understand the original poster's point of reference or reason for questioning what has been told or read. It's a reasonable request (in my opinion--and everyone's entitled to my opinion, as I've clearly demonstrated repeatedly in the past).

Please excuse my "answering a question with a question." Actually, it's not really a question (as phrased) but more an attempt to understand the questioner's point of reference.

Ok, you've piqued my interest. I'd like to hear the surprise answer. if the original poster doesn't explain, then I will ask--how does water injection impact the environment? I don't know exactly what the poster meant by "impacting the environment". it could be emissions, it could be water use. I will assume here the poster was referring to emissions--so--Specifically how does it change gas turbine emissions from the normal, uninjected firing?

I don't understand why, if you have an answer to this question, that you would need to know the reason for asking. the answer will not change based on the reason for asking.