Mark-VI VCMI Card Alarm

K

killkss

I work thermal power plant in South Korea.

We use Mark-VI for turbine control but we have a big problem with Mark-VI control. I want to solve the problem.

History is like this,

'15.02.04:(1)Main TBN RACK0 <R> SLOT 12 VAOC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM

- Configuration with TMR, Analog Output <R> 1 Channel Mismatch ALARM

'15.03.01:(2)Main TBN RACK0 <R> SLOT 08 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM

- Configuration with TMR, Relay Output <R> 1 Channel (Fault Code: 154)

-> Relay Changed, but nothing difference

'15.03.17:(3)Main TBN RACK0 <R> VCMI DAIGNOSTIC ALARM (Fault Code: 57,67)

Main TBN RACK0 <R> VSVO 4,11,16, DIAGNOSTIC ALARM (Fault Code: 46)

- VCMI Control Fail

-> RACK0 <R> VCMI Card Manual Reset(Push Reset Button in the card)

After VCMI Reset, (1)/(2)/(3) Alarm cleared

'15.03.18:(3)Main TBN RACK0 <R> VCMI DAIGNOSTIC ALARM Re-generation (Fault Code: 57,67)

Main TBN RACK0 <R> VSVO 4,11,16, DIAGNOSTIC ALARM Re-generation (Fault Code: 46)

-> VCMI Configuration/Firmware Download and <R> phsor power Off/On

After Power Off/On (3) Alarm cleared

'15.03.18:(3)Main TBN RACK0 <R> VCMI DAIGNOSTIC ALARM Re-generation (Fault Code: 57,67)

Main TBN RACK0 <R> VSVO 4,11,16, DIAGNOSTIC ALARM Re-generation (Fault Code: 46)

'15.03.19:RACK0 <R> VCMI Replaced -> ALARM Cleared

'15.03.22:(2) Main TBN RACK0 <R> SLOT 08 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM Re-generation (Fault Code: 154)

(3) Main TBN RACK0 <R> VCMI DAIGNOSTIC ALARM Re-generation (Fault Code: 57,67)

Main TBN RACK0 <R> VSVO 4,11,16, DIAGNOSTIC ALARM (Fault Code: 46)

------------------------------------------------------------------

In the manual, VCMI Card Faults (57,67) are caused by sequencing overrun and then controller is failed. So we changed VCMI Card. But Alarms occurred again.

So we have a question. Please reply me.

1. Why the 'R' phasor VCMI Card Fault (Code : 57,67) occurred?
- In the manual 'control fail caused by sequence Overrun', why Overrun occurred?

2. In the fault code 'Controller Fail', why the UCVE in not alarm?

3. Why the 'R' phasor VCRC Fault(Code : 154) occurred?

- Always channel 10 alarm (we changed Relay, But alarming)

4. After 'Power Off->On'/'VCMI Reset', why the alarm disappeared? And Why the alarm?

kilkss,

Have you read this:

http://control.com/thread/1419217517#1419217517

It's very unfortunate that a lot of the alarm text messages and alarm descriptions are very cryptic and not very descriptive or helpful. Most of the alarm descriptions in the Mark VI System Guide were written by design engineers/programmers who knew what faults they were looking for, and just expected everyone else to know, too. There's no person or group that reads what gets submitted for publication in the manuals to make sure it's useful/helpful.

Some individual cards also have their own "controllers", so every reference to controller is not a reference to the UCVx card (apparently a UCVE in your case).

Perhaps MIKEVI will write with some more information.

Dear Killkss,

I will try to provide some answers to your questions to the best of my ability. I am not suggesting that you will be able to fix or solve these problems on your own, it may be wise to get a knowledgeable person to site to assist. It would also be helpful to understand what kind of machine is being controlled and when this machine was put into service.

'15.02.04:(1)Main TBN RACK0 <R> SLOT 12 VAOC DIAGNOSTIC
ALARM
- Configuration with TMR, Analog Output <R> 1 Channel
Mismatch ALARM

You did not indicate what diagnostic is being set and if this is only occurring on a single core like "R" or if it present on all cores.

'15.03.01:(2)Main TBN RACK0 <R> SLOT 08 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC
ALARM
- Configuration with TMR, Relay Output <R> 1 Channel (Fault
Code: 154)
-> Relay Changed, but nothing difference

Fault 154 from the VCRC indicates that there is a voting mismatch between what state a core is commanding and what is being read. This is typically due to a problem at the core level. In this case if this alarm was only present in "R" core, then it sounds like there may be a problem with that core. This type of fault is usually not a hardware issue, you need to advise if there are diagnostics set in other cores as well.

'15.03.17:(3)Main TBN RACK0 <R> VCMI DAIGNOSTIC ALARM (Fault
Code: 57,67)

For this alarm it is not easy as CSA has tried to convey. I would first review the service bulletin mentioned in the previous post mentioned by CSA. If the VCMI has the pluggable chip mentioned in the TSB I would be looking at this first. If the diagnostic alarm #47, controller sequence overrun, is set only in "R" core then I would suspect there is a problem with the controller in this core. This alarm indicates the controller is unable to run its application code within the typical defined time, if this is a typical GE heavy duty machine then that is 40msec. For the diagnostic #57, this indicates the VCMI is unable to communicate with the UCVE controller. This can be due to a problem with the VCMI or the UCVE. I suspect there are other diagnostics set that you have not indicated?

Main TBN RACK0 <R> VSVO 4,11,16, DIAGNOSTIC ALARM (Fault
Code: 46)
- VCMI Control Fail
This alarm indicates the VSVO card is offline, which can be a problem with the VSVO board or a problem with the VCMI board.

-> RACK0 <R> VCMI Card Manual Reset(Push Reset Button in the
card)

I personally would not use this button to reset the VCMI card. It is usually always preferred to power down and then power up the entire rack when performing a reset.

It really sounds like there is a problem with the VCMI, the UCVE or possibly something with the rack itself(backplane or cage). We really need a lot more information as to when this all started, if there are diagnostic alarms on cards in other cores. What exactly has been done to diagnose(not just a simple "card was replaced").

Hi,

I would be able to help you and would like to e-mail me the issue with any screenshots. If you can provide your e-mail id, i will send an e-mail to that.

Regards,
Rabhi