Operating GE 9E on DLN Mode with Liquid Fuel

M

mechaniclese_2010

Hello mates

any one knows exactly if the Dln mode for GE 9e is effective for the liquid fuel?

i know that the operation mode for the liquid fuel is Lean-Lean only. That drives us that the premix steady state is not active for the liquid fuel (knowing that liquid fuel flame only A Diffusion flame).

The wondering point is if it is risky for the liner venturi to operate the unit at lean lean mode (up 100MW) for along time? it's already risky for Extended lean lean at fuel gas.

If not, what is the difference between lean lean for liquid fuel and extended lean lean for gas fuel?

Unless something has changed dramatically recently, there is no DLN Mode for liquid fuel. I know GE were playing around with prototype Liquid Fuel DLN systems some time ago. Normally, on dual fuel machines, the only thing that you can do on Liquid fuel to reduce emissions is run Water Injection.

mehaniclese_2010,

There is no Premix mode for liquid fuel. It just doesn't lend itself well to sufficient atomization to allow premixing as is done with natural gas.

As for the long-term effects of operating with liquid fuel in Lean-Lean mode, please consult GER-3620. Here is a recent link I found on another forum:

http://site.ge-energy.com/prod_serv/products/tech_docs/en/downloads/GER3620L_1_Oct_19_2010_1.pdf

They usually list equivalent operating hours for various modes (equivalent to premix steady state hours).

Usually, operation with liquid fuel in DLN combustors uses water injection for emissions reduction and this may play a role in how liquid fuel operation in Lean-Lean mode impacts combustion liner longevity.

The fuel exits the fuel nozzles in a different manner and so the flame "ball" is different for liquid fuel than it is for gas fuel. I haven't really given any thought to the long term effects of operation on liquid fuel, myself--but I'm sure GE has, and it's most likely delineated in GER-3620.

Our 7FA+e dual fuel machines had no "lean-lean" fuel selection when running liquid. It's just liquid-no lean/rich/premix, or any of that stuff that is associated with gas fuel. Just liquid plus water for NOX control.