Multiple Master DNP3 Communication

K

kkcbe

Hi,

Could you please anybody inform RTU can support for Multiple Master Terminal units via DNP3 Communication?

We have Application requirement this for multiple SCADA system have to establish communication between single RTU's.

RTU is existing Make is SMAR, System 302, Controller DF63.

Thanks & Regards
Krishna

Hello,

Yes, an outstation can respond to multiple master per the DNP3 specification.

But, you should check with the outstation device specification to verify it actually will support multiple master.

For example, an outstation might allow unlimited masters to read/write objects but, only allow one master to be configured as the master to receive events.

So, go to the source (the device specification) for an answer that at least is from the creator of the device.

Good luck,

Mark
http://www.peakhmi.com/

Hi kkcbe, hi Mark,

I know this thread is quite old, but I try my luck anyway...
I try to implement IP link redundancy between a SCADA and a RTU ( equiped with two ethernet ports , ABB RTU 560 - 560CID11 )
I try to find a way to have my main acquisition via the "primary" chanel which receives the events. And just a tag checking if the "secondary" channel is available but I do not want to receive events from this channel.
That is why i am very interested, Mark, by the case you described above, i.e : " an outstation might allow unlimited masters to read/write objects but, only allow one master to be configured as the master to receive events. "

This is exactly what I need. Do you have a a quick description of the set up or the desciption of DNP3 configuration , please?
I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.
Have a great day.

Philippe