Help on Final Thesis - Inverted Pendulum Control

J

jderuyter

Hello!

My name is Jelle Deruyter, i'm a last year electrotechnical engineer student from Belgium and I'm currently doing an erasmus program in Hungary, Miskolc.

During this program I have to do my final assignment on designing the interface for an the inverted pendulum (amira PS600). (http://www.ict.com.tw/AI/Amira/amira/lframe_e.htm)

There used to be a actuator for this lab experiment but somehow they lost this. Don't ask me how this is possible.

The problem is that I am actually an electrotechnical/energy engineer, so we learned about transmitting power, high voltage lines, etc.. But because of the erasmus difficulty I somehow got stuck up with this. But I am a fast learner and with some help of you, control masters, I can finish this assignment.

I have a PLC (Siemens s7) 2 incremental encoders (5V output), one for positioning and one for angle measurement, 2 proximity switches (15V input, 5V output (this is made possible with some resistors)) and a DC motor (42V rated voltage, 5A rated current, 160W rated power, 1600Rpm rated speed).

My idea of this is connecting the analog inputs to the PLC and implement some sort of PID system in the PLC? And generate a PWM signal that controls a drive for the motor?

But i'm not sure if this is the best solution. And I have no idea how to power the proximity switches.

If someone could help me and explain me what I have to do next, that would be really helpful. :)

Thanks in advance,
Jelle Deruyter