New in MODBUS

P

powerpack|

Hi
I am new to Modbus. Last December, we bought 3 power meters different to the ones that the already have, because this new power meters have no memory or software and the communication port is through RS-485.
Since December we have been trying to understand how to collect measurement data via Modbus RTC. We bought the converted RS-485 to RS-232 and RS-232 to USB. we have been using two software, Modbus Pool, and ICC Modbus Master Tool, but we can not be able to establish communication, and then get the information from the power meters.
Can anyone help us understand how we can use these computers and a name off a software that can help us off.

my email address: [email protected].

H
I have a Modbus program like you need ..
Please download the program here -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3351822/HINETSync2015.rar

Once the file is downloaded, put 2 file exe and mdb into a folder that you want, and then run the file HINET.exe

After the run, and then go to the 'Device Configuration,' then make sure you make the correct settings for Com Port. And then setting Item Tag- then you want to take, such as Phase-1 Current, Phase-2 Current, Phase-3 Current, Frequency, Hour Meter... many.

Incidentally, I also have a place 7 Power Meter (Poundful and Socomed), and all the data I need. I took over this program and sends it to HINET Modbus Slave Server, so i can monitoring The Power Panel via the Web Browser.

If you are need program HINET Modbus Slave Server, please download here -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3351822/HINETSlaveServer2015.rar

Hope this helps ..

S

souravbhelpser

One more suggestion is that you can buy a serial to ethernet converter like MOXA. In one MOXA convetrer you can connect up to 4 serial connections. Then hook - up that MOXA with a cross Ethernet cable to your LAN switch and voila you can get all datas required. Additionally u can use a software like modscan to get the datas in ur PC or hyperlink.