What is a TIC Cabinet?

K

Kevin

I am a beginner in this instrumentation field. ours is a contracting company. we have TIC cabinet in our supply and erection Scope. but i do not know what exactly this TIC cabinet is. they have not given any details regarding the cabinet except for its dimension.

could someone please explain to me what exactly this this is? Its purpose is not mentioned, i/o s are also not told.

Actually the issue is that, even our colleagues could not make out what exactly the item is. Engineering is done by a consultant and we tried to collect details from the consultant, but we did not get a satisfactory reply from them.

we asked for technical specs and what we got is its dimension details. then they gave us their standard specs for local control panel in which we could not locate any technical details except for its MOC and ITP.

Kevin,

What kind of facility is being built? What kind of equipment, or services, does you company provide to the facility? Is there any clue can be derived from the type of facility, or the location in the facility?

The wonderful thing about acronyms is just about anyone can make one and LOTS of people use them. In my early career I kept hearing about 'hurzigs' at combined cycle power plants. No one I asked could tell me what 'hurzig' meant, nor even how to spell it. Finally, I read the acronym in a trade journal--it's actually 'HRSG' and stands for Heat Recovery Steam Generator, the "boiler" the gas turbine exhausts into to produce steam. Another acronym for the "boiler" is also WHRU or WHRB (Waste Heat Recovery Unit or -Boiler)--it just depends on who you talk to or hear it from or where you read it.

A funny story a colleague used to tell was about the Marsharing Cabinet he encountered on a job in Malaysia. A Japanese company had supplied the DCS (Distributed Control System) for the plant and as part of the scope they supplied junction boxes at several locations around the plant--commonly called Marshalling Cabinets, but labeled Marsharing Cabinet where they were made. Same thing as a Marshalling Cabinet, only just a slightly different pronunciation.

Thanks for your reply. Actually we are doing and oil and project project. There are a few pump station and repeater station in the scene. where we need to supply TIC cabinet for 3 pump stations.
Consultant have not given any details except for its dimension and location. they have told us that its been mounted in the control room. except for these two details we could not find any details.

the real confusion is that they are using optical communication cable for some communication purpose, there is a cabinet named "Termination interconnecting cabin".

so i am really confused if it is a temperature thing or this optical fiber thing.