Siemens S7200 with Another S720 as Slave Not Activating Outputs in Run Mode

J

JustinT

hi,

i have two Siemens PLC with are connected together. they are meant for group starter panels of a ship. the purpose of the program would be to start the standby motor in group starter two panel if its corresponding motor in group starter 1 fails .

both are Siemens S7200 CPUs. the master is a CPU 224xp. it is connected to a kongsberg oschief 500 and a slave CPU 222 (for group starter 2). i tried downloading the program from CPU 224XP using Siemens step7 microwin, and forced output. the leds for that output lit up fine and standby indication came for the corresponding motor.

the program inside CPU222 appeared rather small,when compared to that in the master. am not familiar with PLC programming much, so i don't really understand how the master is communicating with the slave cpu. if i can transfer both programs to download, could some one help me understand why the outputs are not activating and the why the plc are not working as they are supposed to when i auto mode? both PLCs are running without errors.

thanks
Justin

Related to this post , i need modbus library for microwin. Can someone send me the library and how to configure the MBUS_INIT? MBUS_msg and other blocks required to make the read and write between master and slave possible.

>i have two Siemens PLC with are connected together. they are
>meant for group starter panels of a ship. the purpose of the
>program would be to start the standby motor in group starter
>two panel if its corresponding motor in group starter 1
>fails .
>
>both are Siemens S7200 CPUs. the master is a CPU 224xp. it
>is connected to a kongsberg oschief 500 and a slave CPU 222
>(for group starter 2). i tried downloading the program from
>CPU 224XP using Siemens step7 microwin, and forced output.
>the leds for that output lit up fine and standby indication
>came for the corresponding motor.
>
>the program inside CPU222 appeared rather small,when
>compared to that in the master. am not familiar with PLC
>programming much, so i don't really understand how the
>master is communicating with the slave cpu. if i can
>transfer both programs to download, could some one help me
>understand why the outputs are not activating and the why
>the plc are not working as they are supposed to when i auto
>mode? both PLCs are running without errors.