Need Help Defining ABB Control System Alarm for Gas Turbine

M

majed06

Dear sir

We have ABB (INFI90) control system. Recently we facing alarm "IMMFP02 MODULE STATUS" several times. We have two gas turbine (V94.2). This alarm coming for both GT and automatically reset. We don't know that this alarm is dangerous or not. But we can not understand why this alarm coming. Can you help us. Please sir i am waiting for your answer.

Regards
majed

<i>> 1. Recently we facing alarm "IMMFP02 MODULE STATUS" several times.</i>

<i>> 2. This alarm coming for both GT and automatically reset.</i>

Some clarification is needed on this statement. Do you mean that the alarm comes in, and then automatically clears? Is this a repeating scenario? How long is the alarm active, and what is the time between alarms? Is the duration between alarms remaining about the same, or decreasing? Is this happening to only one IMMFP02, or more? How many do you have? Is the IMMFP02 a single (non redundant) module or is it part of a redundant pair? If redundant, is there a fail over associated with the alarm?

<i>> 3. We don't know that this alarm is dangerous or not.</i>

Consider this to be an early warning sign of failure. As for dangerous, that is a matter of perspective. If the system were engineered properly, a failure of a non redundant module, or total failure of a redundant pair, would result in a loss of production, and not a dangerous condition. It could, though, be dangerous to a career of there are early warning signs that are ignored.

If you have redundant modules, note which one is primary. After the next alarm event, see if there was a failover to the other module.

In Wintools and Composer (assuming you use one of those two engineering tools) there are "errors and warnings" you can access to see details.

The most common item I see on the IMMFP02 modules (we have a few hundred redundant pairs) is the BATRAM battery failing. Have you replaced them?

Do you do any other maintenance? When was the last time maintenance was performed?

A lot of questions, I know. But there is no direct simple answer for the somewhat generic problem described.