RS485 Modbus Wiring with DB9

J

jawadrasool

Good Day,

I'm looking for a help regarding communication test of a Modbus network on ModScan. Please help me out in following issues:

i) I've a 4 wire RS485 port available on Accuload iii.net to establish a link with another network on Modbus protocol, I'm a little confused in wiring the RS485 port with a DB9 female connector, while checking on internet there are many connection schemes available, some says port 5 to use for GND and some says port 1 to be used as GND. Please help me out in picking a correct connection scheme to connect a DB9 Female connector with RS485 port. (I'm further using a Serial to USB converter)

ii) While testing on ModScan, the Modscan polls the data from network with mixed bad and good responses, but the status shows "Modbus Time out". Please help me out if there is any connectivity issue or software configuration issue.While Baud Rate and parity settings on ModScan are same as Modbus network.

PIN 3 for D+ & PIN 7 For D-

Then check at which com port the DB9 connector is connected.

Then set Baud rate (9600 ) Parity ( none ) Stop bit ( 1 ) as you have set in transmitting device .....

For Time out try to set timing of response and delay in Protocol selection.

>PIN 3 for D+ & PIN 7 For D-
>
>Then check at which com port the DB9 connector is
>connected.
>
>Then set Baud rate (9600 ) Parity ( none ) Stop bit ( 1 ) as
>you have set in transmitting device .....
>
>For Time out try to set timing of response and delay in
>Protocol selection.

It's in the KDC card layout (http://info.smithmeter.com/literature/docs/MN06143.pdf)
the female DB9 should match your other ends needs.