Connecting PC with Two MODBUS RTU Devices

S

sambit

I need to connect & operate two MODBUS RTU to a PC via solid pilot cable (fo/cat5). i have also RTU to PC interfacing software but it is not possible to connect two RTUs simultaneously on PC if one is running through PC via USB cable. should i need to change any port configuration? or I need any PLC type MUX for running these two simultaneously via cable?

Kindly guide me in this case.

J

Jerry Miille

While I am not fully understanding your issue, I would like to point out that we offer a product that will allow two Modbus Masters to communicate with a single network of Modbus Slaves.

If this applies to your application please have a look at our Multii-Port product at www.Miille.com

Jerry Miille

You can connect 2 MODBUS RTU devices using RS-485 connection to a single RS-485 to USB converter. You basically connect each device in a daisy chain style using a single pair in your CAT5 cable. Then you can set the Modbus ID's in your PC software as Modbus ID=1 and Modbus ID=2. This way your PC Software will communicate with each Modbus device in sequence. You need to make sure that both Modbus devices and your PC software have the same Baud, Parity, Data bit and Stop bit settings.

Good luck
Omer
ASD Automation