• Start date
J

Jose Orlando Rodriguez

I have the following data on a BHS Voith Reduction:
31000 KW
5093/3000 rpm
Speed Relation 1.7
Weight 8400 kg

I need to know the number of teeth in the reduction. I need this for a Degree Project. The company i'm doing this for has no info on the number of teeth, unless they stop the turbine and open it.

Please someone help me.

Jose Orlando Rodriguez,

Depending on the diameters of the bull- and pinion gears, and the width of the gear teeth, it's virtually impossible to say for sure how many teeth are on the gears.

This question is probably best answered by the manufacturer. Perhaps if you took a picture of the reduction gear nameplate and contacted the manufacturer with the information from the nameplate at hand they could possibly answer your question.

Or, the most positive way to be sure you have the correct information is really to shut the machine down, open the gear box, and count the number of teeth in the gear box at your site. I've seen some refurbished gear boxes where the number of teeth and the diameters of the gears changed when new ones were manufactured and installed. The best answer is often obtained by visual inspection and confirmation.

Hope this helps. Best of luck with your query!