PLC Control Help

N

newbieautom

Hello,i am fairly new to the world of automation and i am currently working on programming a PLC.

The question that is bugging me right now is the fact there is a loading and unloading station in the machine and the cycle time for operation is approximately 30 seconds. so if i wire my Guard door mechanical interlock to the safety relay i assume the system is going to be on an E-Stop condition every time loading or unloading of the part has taken place.

is that a acceptable practice ? i am wondering if somebody could tell me if there is a way to program stop and e-stop conditions separately.

Also the thought process behind the controls was that when the machine is in operation and the door is opened it cuts off power, but when the cycle is finished the operators should be able to open the door and the machine doesn't go to an e-stop condition.

sorry guys i went rambling on and on. i hope somebody could give me an answer to this situation. Really appreciate any help.

Thanks and Regards

G

Gerald_Beaudoin

When dealing with safety related issues, it's always best to have a proper safety audit done by someone who is specialized in the field . Whoever does the audit should also be qualified to guide your programming options. They will also sign off that the design is in conformity to what ever regulations are in force at the time. Using this approach, you first, make sure that the machine is safe, second, that you do not expose yourself to liability in case of an accident, and third, you get to learn how to make sure its done right.

Cheers