DC Motor Starter

R

ROn Wensley

Greetings,

I am in need of a reduced field DC motor starter for a 10 hp 125VDC motor. They typically have a resistor in series with the shunt field and the resistor is stepped out of service with time delays.

Does anyone know a supplier for these?

Thanks,
Ron Wensley

Manufacturers of that have all but disappeared, because by the time you are done with what it takes, a simple DC drive is cheaper and easier to use. But you could try Hubbell Industrial Controls.

http://www.hubbell-icd.com/general/100E-Euclid flyer.pdf

> I am in need of a reduced field DC motor starter for a 10 hp
> 125VDC motor. They typically have a resistor in series with
> the shunt field and the resistor is stepped out of service
> with time delays.

R
Thank you for the reply. I found a vendor NAS that has the DC starters. However the idea of using a drive is attractive. I am now looking for a 125VDC input to AC 3 phase output. Do you have any suggestions?

Ron

R
You seem to have switched 180° first of all you were looking for a 125 VDC motor starter. Now you are looking for DC to 3 phase inverter. Do you no longer require a motor?

Roy

>Thank you for the reply. I found a vendor NAS that has the
>DC starters. However the idea of using a drive is
>attractive. I am now looking for a 125VDC input to AC 3
>phase output. Do you have any suggestions?

R
I understand the confusion. I am installing an Emergency Seal Oil Pump that is to run on station battery 125VDC. I have used a 125 VDC motor starter in the past and was moving in that direction.

The first person that replied suggested using a DC drive. As I need to run this motor on 125DC I would need a drive with 125VDC input and some 3 phase voltage output (likely 480).

Unless there is a DC to DC drive that will work at 125 VDC. I am not aware of one so if there one available you help is welcomed.

Ron