Citect SCADA Setup

K

kk

in our plants we are using two different version of citect SCADA

1. citect 7.1, (not vijeo citect) for 5000 tags
2. vijeo citect 7.2 for 1500 tags

i need some plant parameters (tags) to be exchange b/w two SCADA. architecture is explained below

citect 7.1 is in a different network having one server and multiple clients

citect 7.2 having two stand alone working in server cum client architecture.

both network are connected to gateway (router) for communication.
to establish communication b/w these, i configured my citect 7.2 in tcp/ip mode (instead of no networking). i have added citect 7.1 as a client in 7.2. but i am using the same i/o configured in citect 7.2, and configured the citect 7.1 as a client and added tags for the same

i have edited citect .ini parameters like, ctapi.remote= 1 also.
i am not able to get data in citect 7.1

please help

is it so because i am using two different version of Citect SCADA under the two different licenses?

please reply if any solution is available.

O

Olivier Vallee

Hi kk,

The communication issue is not due to the Vijeo Citect / CitectSCADA mix. Both products are fundamentally the same in terms of network communications. The first hurdle is the different versions, v7.10 and v7.20. There were quite a few changes in v7.20 to the tag architecture with tag extensions being added and security enhancements. It is possible for a v7.10 client to communicate with a v7.20 server by adding the following parameter on the v7.20 server:
[LAN]
EarliestLegacyVersion=7100

Although it is not recommended to leave this permanently on. It is usually only used during upgrade process.

I think one solution for you is to enable the OPC Server function on the v7.20 Server, then configure OPC Client (OPC driver) with variable tags you want to poll configured in the v7.10 system. And do the same thing vice versa for the other side.

Although a better solution would be to upgrade the v7.10 system to v7.20, then configure a global project (a combination of the two projects). This would enable both systems to exchange data and see the entire tag database of the other side. The only draw back I can see with this approach is that you would have to manage project updates on both systems with some care, using a change procedure.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help. You can probably find most of the answers you are after in the KB or online help.

Kind regards
Olivier

Hi Olivier

thanks for help

i have implemented the above said LAN parameters in citect 7.2 server.
i was unable to get data from either of IOServer in citect 7.1 client cum server pc. but as soon as i disable the Citect 7.1 server CLuster (CLuster defined in citect 7.1 server pc) in citect run time wizard. i got data from citect 7.2 server only. citect client runtime 7.1 refuse to access data from its preconfigured ioserver. when i restored the old configuration in citect 7.1 server then i was able to get data from citect 7.1 ioserver only.

i tried the same configuration on citect 7.1 client only pc, which actually in network of citect 7.1 server. still i was not able to get data from either of server. when i restored the old configuration client was able to access 7.1 server data.

please provide me the solution " how can i configure my citect 7.1 client only application to access data from both ioserver"