Mark VI Processor Failure to Boot

T

TeeKay30

Initially we had a failure of Windows OS on the HMI which was eventually resolved by reformatting the Windows installation partition. So as a consequence we lost all applications and had to reinstall Cimplicity and Mark VI Control toolbox. We had a backup of site files and restored them accordingly. Necessary configurations were done using the last used m6b file which was part of the backup. After the m6b file was redownloaded to the processors and we went online. We had equal but "failed" instead of control. The erring processor being only the S core with a diagnostic alarm of "Application loader error, Pcode error log 4033" on the UCVE card of the S core. We proceeded to redownload Runtime code, Application code to all processors and then firmware and configurations to the VCMIs. However we noticed that the download on the S core was very sluggish and taking so long so at some point it was aborted to troubleshoot why the excessive sluggishness in the process we tried to reboot but then the S core wouldn't boot anymore (stayed stuck on red fail lights on all cards)? Now we don't have control neither do we have communication with S core. So right now i need solutions to 2 problems.

1. How to resolve the Application Loader error on the UCVE card on S core which is causing the S core is having "failed" instead of control?

2.How to get the VCMI card back to working state and have the S core boot fully as we don't have any spare card available. Is there an option of flashing (reformattring) VCMI cards?

Please i would appreciate responses and helpful solution points from experienced people in the house.

Hi,

I have spare of both VCMI and UCVE so please let me know if you would require 1. Also , we repair faulty cards so i can bring your vcmi back in working state.

If you can share your e-mail id , i will send you our profile.

We look forward to helping you in whatever way possible.

Dear TEEKAY30,

I would like to offer some comments that will not exactly help you, but may help others in the future.

You should be aware that each time you download to the MKVI controller that you are also loading a compressed backup of the current .m6b file into the flash card of the controller. This file has an extension of .dl.m6b. This is loaded and can be uploaded from the controller in the event the file on your master HMI is lost or corrupted. I know this does not help you in this situation, but it would have helped had you known since the uploaded file should have been equal.

This problem you are currently facing will most likely require assistance from someone who knows the MKVI well. We can try and offer assistance, but problems like this are difficult to diagnose from afar. There are some versions of Toolbox that work better than others. I have faced situations that the software allowed an online download, but that download would stall the processor. In this case it is hard to tell if the processor is what is causing the VCMI to stall out. Typically the UCVE card must boot properly, followed closely by the VCMI, and then slowly each card will boot and slowly synchronize with the VCMI and other cards. You would need to provide LOTS more information as to what exactly is happening as the MKVI rack is booted, what lights you see, how the VPRO is behaving, what diagnostic alarms are present in the UCVE and VCMI etc. Many things can cause issues, and the fault codes are not always clear in identifying the problem. Good luck and please write back with what you find.