HMI 4.01 Troublshooting

E

elinordo

Please

i have a problem with breaker status on HMI for system MARK 5 (color should be red for closed /green for open). so the breaker really is closed and the machine in the grid but the status on HMI open with pink color!

please can you tel me the procedure step by step to resolve this problem? i will be thankful.

elinordo,

It's not really clear if this issue has been on ongoing issue since commissioning or a problem which recently started.

If it's recently started, when did this problem start? Because if the PC OS is WinNT/Win95 then it's presumed the problem hasn't persisted since commissioning.

The reason for asking when the problem started is to try to determine what changed or what occurred just before the problem started to cause this change in "coloration" to occur. These types of things don't usually just happen; rather, they happen after some other change was made.

Usually, when the feedback signals to the GE Mark V HMI are not available to CIMPLICITY the various fields and status indications go black and fill with octotrophs (hash marks). So, if the color is not black, then it's likely the configuration of the breaker status has somehow been changed or wasn't configured properly since commissioning.

The signal name for the generator breaker status is usually L52GX, sometimes it's L52GX1. If the signal name is correct and you're absolutely certain nothing else has changed in the Mark V configuration or the CIMPLICITY Project configuration then it would seem something is amiss with the CIMPLICITY configuration for the display. The GE Mark V HMI and TCI and CIMPLICITY can remain on while you are doing the below steps, but it's suggested to close the CIMPLICITY display you will be working on. (If you only have one GE Mark V HMI, then you should wait to do this until the unit is not running.)

You need to <b>first and foremost</b> make a back-up of all of the CIMPLICITY display files for the unit. There are entirely too many types of possible configurations to be able to say which one is used at your site. CIMPLICITY display files have a .CIM filename extension, are are usually located in a SCREENS folder on the HMI (usually under the CIMPROJ folder). You'll need to Windows File Explorer to find the proper directory and CIMPLICITY display file folder.

Then you'll need to use CIMEDIT to open the <i><b>back-up copy</i></b> of the CIMPLICITY display file for your site. CIMEDIT is the graphical display editor used to create and modify CIMPLICITY displays. Unfortunately, there are too many ways GE configured the CIMPLICITY displays using CIMEDIT to say for sure exactly how yours is configured, but there's probably an internal "frame container" in CIMVIEW that houses the turbine-generator graphic with the animated breaker status (that changes position/color with L52GX or L52GX1, as the case may be at your site). You'll need to right-click on the breaker graphic element and "drill down" to find out how it is configured. Change the configuration and then you can test the change by clicking on the light bulb icon on the CIMVIEW toolbar to open an instance of the display with live data and animations. If satisfied, or you need to change the configuration, close the test CIMPLICITY display file (with the red X in the upper right-hand corner) and then close the CIMVIEW version of the display file--<i><b>without saving any changes.</i></b>

Then open the working version of the CIMPLICITY display file using CIMVIEW and make the changes, test the changes, and if satisfied close the test display, save the changes to the working CIMPLICITY file in CIMVIEW, close CIMVIEW and open the CIMPLICITY display and that should be all need be done.

thank you for your clear reply, but the problem it was in the HMI server. i made a hard restart for HMI and the problem resolved, but after some days the problem reappear. like you have breaker opened but in real case it closed with charge of 7MW with FSNL status. my experience was just with M6e, this system MKV it's new for me for this reason i try to make a compare to resolve the problem.

thankyou my friend