Yokogawa Centum VP 4.03 in Windows 7 environment

B

Bolek

Hello,

Has anybody tried to install Yokogawa CentumVP V4.03 in Windows 7 environment? Not as long ago (in 2011) bought by us new system now we are not able to extend by additional new HIS station with Windows7 (only in XP or Vista that are not supported by Microsoft). Local office said us that we must buy a new version of CentumVP (upgrade to ver.6) and install it on Engineering Station to have possibility to add a new HIS.

We are not intend to spend a lot of money and make a big revolution with our system. We only need add a new HIS, but install it on computer with minimum Windows7.

Old part of our system works in Vista environment.

Maybe during install and run V4.03 should be used compatibility mode or any special setting in ITSecurity Settings e.t.c.?
We need only basic function of HIS and Report Package.

Best Regards
Pavel

J

jcarreroblanco

Hello Pavel,

I follow your point. Please try with virtual machines in a isolated computer to try this combination.

You will not get any support instead of the official supported combinations of WinOS and Centum Revisions.

If you have to buy new Keycodes in CVP R04.03 for this new station, the official path is going to an upgrade.

Thanks.
Jesus

S

Snrcontrolfreak

Dear Pavel

If you buy a brand new PC with a windows 7 license, you may legally downgrade to windows XP. XP is no longer supported, but since you say you have existing systems on VP R4, I believe you are not too concerned about the support.

I understand you only need a new PC that can work as an additional HIS.
Try to get hold of a DELL 3500 or a HP Z400 (ebay).

Downgrading to XP on these were easy and the drivers are available on the Dell website.

Contact your Yokogawa sales office and obtain licenses for an additional HIS for Revision 4. They will still sell you additional licenses for Revision 4 as you have an existing system. It is only for new projects that they may refuse.

You can then install your VP R4 on the XP machine and add it to your project.

Running on Windows 7 has been tried by others, but it does not work. (did not try myself)

If you cannot get a Dell T3500 or HP Z400, you can try another model and install XP onto it. Most of the times you should be able to get drivers from the internet that works.

Another alternative is to perhaps try windows Vista.

Regards.

I

irfan_bhatti

Hello Pavel,

I have installed CENTUM VP R4 on Windows 7 and its all functions are working very well.

As CENTUM VP R4 have keycodes to install, you just need a virtual floppy drive, place your keycodes in that drive and start installation. it will install all the functions present in the keycodes.

For virtual floppy drive, you can use any software suggested by microsoft, like VFD 2.0 etc.

Regards,
Irfan Bhatti

Thanks for reply.

For me is most important "Report Package". Have you installed it? (It is additional software package running under Microsoft Excel).

Have you installed "ITSecurity Settings" or only raw installation? I know that basic part of Centum V4 runs under Windows7, but it is going about full functionality.

Best Regards
Pavel