Mark VI UCVG / VCMI Diagnostic Alarm

• Thread starter just_another_control_guy
  • Start date
J

just_another_control_guy

Hello,

at site, we need to include one GT to existing network (with another 4 gas turbine) so that all machine can be access from the same HMI.

Control system used is Mark VI.

As the GT is having the same controller IP address with one of the gas turbines, we need to change the controller IP address. After putting into database and built, we have flashed the compact flash memory to download the compact flash with new IP address.

Initially all was good, we downloaded the runtime (and reboot) and application code (and reboot). At this point, all controllers are equal but not in control. We have got some diagnostic alarm in UVCG and VCMI.

In UCVG it is error code 75 "application code expander fault 229, Pcode Record ..." and error code 92 "This controller has failed data initialization ..."

In VCMI it is error code 49, 50, 51 "Using Default Input Data, Rack R/S/T #... The VCMI is not getting data from the specific rack"

We have tried download the configuration for VCMI (and reboot), still getting the same diagnostic alarm.

We never physically work on VCMI module so I don't think it is faulty (but we will replace 1 of the module and see how is the situation tomorrow).

We are not sure if this has anything to do with flashing the compact flash memory (as normally I would change the IP address using Serial Loader if serial cable is available). Do we need to do any special configuration after flashing compact flash memory?

Appreciate if you can provide any advice. Let me know if you need more information on anything, sorry for the lack of information due to rush.

Thanks a lot

J

just_another_control_guy

At site, we think the issues actually to be on VCMI, instead of UCVG.

We have checked the IONet cables to be OK,

Just wondering, normally after download, we will see some diagnostic alarm in VCMI saying "UCVx / VCMI topology revisions disagree". That is when we download configuration to VCMI, reboot and everything goes OK.

In this case, I don't see this diagnostic alarm. It is like there is no topology in VCMI at at now.