Problem in Flowserve Control Valve

I

Iqbal123

I am facing problem in control valve of Flowserve (Model No. EG411A, 4") on the service of washing liquor (A mixture of Phosphoric acid, water, sulfuric acid and ammonia) at Di Ammonium Phosphate (DAP) Plant since 2011.

This valve was installed in 2007. Due to frequent damages reported on plug, Teflon sleeve and pin hole leakages, this valve was replaced in 2011 with new ball valve having ceramic disc and seat. However, body leakage was reported from this replaced valve after 4 months of operation. Therefore old Control Valve with refurbished body was reinstalled on that location. Since 2012, body of this control valve needs to be replaced fortnightly with the refurbished one. Please provide us a solution for this problem or suggest any other valve with different body material.

Thanks and regards.
[email protected]

Obviously using a valve lining in this service does not work. Acid eats steel! It is expensive, but I suggest you purchase a replacement control valve constructed from Hastelloy C which is supposed to be suitable for strong acid service. Ceramic should have been adequate, but you would need a ceramic certified for use with strong acid, probably not the ceramic you tried earlier.