CT Secondary Grounding

B

Barbican

Hi guys

While going through a diagram for an synchronization panel today, i noticed that the secondary of all the CT's in the system has been grounded separately. not the way i am familiar with, which is grounding them from their common point. Any idea what is happening here?

The panel is yet to be put in operation.

Diagram in the link below
http://postimg.org/image/vi3q3d9kd/

R
I don't know anything about the application but that looks weird for sure, it's shorting out the easYgen inputs 5, 6 &7.

Don't power it up until you have it checked out.

All CT's should have a reference to ground on the secondary side. They are usually tied together and then grounded but as long as the polarity is right and they are grounded, you should get a stable reading (the ground helps stabilize the input).

The question that I have. Is why are all the inputs tied together? Depending on the polarity inputs on the meter, they might have placed the ground on the wrong leads and should have placed it on the common point tied together. But if that was the case, it looks like they would be being used for a negative value. Just a guess as there are not any Polarity marks on the drawing.

B
I agree with Phil's comment.

Here CT secondary will have two paths, one thru the load and other is thru the common point & common ground ground ground path.

In fact, all the CT outputs are shorted here. this is a clear case of slip of pen or deliberate mistake or lack of knowledge.