Can H05VVC4V5-K Cable Be Used for 4-20mA and RTD Signals?

A

ASP

H05VVC4V5-K Cable which is having Overall Tinned Copper Braided shielding which protects the signals against EMI. Data sheets mention EMC compliance. But i am not sure whether it is having Twisted pair construction.

Can it be used for 4-20mA and RTD signals? Cable data sheets mentions it as Core and identified as 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x? I guess it may have lay of cores. Please clarify.

> Please clarify.

I don't know any more about the cable than what the manufacturer tells me in the spec/data sheet.

My experience says that if the manufacturer's spec/data sheet does not say it, it's not part of the product. The caveat is that some particular feature might be secretly embedded in cryptic code, like DIN 12345.

If you are looking for twisted pair cable to specify for a job, look for something else that states that it's twisted pair. (STP is shielded twisted pair; UTP is unshielded twisted pair)

But If the spools are in electrical staging area awaiting installation, take your strippers and strip back 300mm of outer insulation and the shield and see if the conductors are twisted into pairs. I'd be surprised if they were.