Mark V IO.ASG

H

has100

Hi All,

Could anyone please tell me how to determine the SPARE AI, AO, DI and DO from the Mark V IO.ASG file? Also how to determine the type of cards installed in the MarkV panel from IO.ASG file.

It would be great if someone can share the document for how to read and understand the IO.ASG file?

Regards,
Has100

Has100,

I was going to refer you to the Mark V Application Manual, GEH-6195, Chapter 8, but after rereading the chapter I realize it doesn't explicitly tell a person how to identify a spare I/O point. But, there is still a lot of really good information about the process.

In IO.ASG, if the name in the second column is the same as the Hardware Name in the first column, it's a very safe bet the point is a spare, unused I/O point.

As an example of how to "read" the Hardware Name, C_CD_CO01, C refers to the core the I/O point is associated with. CD means it is terminated on a <CD> core terminal board, and CO01 (that's C and capital O (the letter O), followed by the number 0 (zero), then the number 1 (one)), meaning Contact Output 1. Q_QD1_CI16 would be an input associated with <Q>, terminated on a <QD1> terminal board, Contact Input 16.

Those are the basics. The Signal Flow Diagrams in Appendix D have tables which tell you which I/O point is terminated where (which terminal board and specific screw terminals). Many IO.ASG files have comments on the line following the Scale Type column (the third column in IO.ASG); comments are anything that follows a semicolon (;). Usually, the comments for an I/O point only list the "main" terminal screw, but this can be used to search in the Signal Flow Diagrams or all of the associated screws.

The signal flow diagrams also have important about how to terminate different types of I/O that have special termination requirements--like RTDs or two-, three- or four-wire transmitters.

It's really difficult to give a lot of specifics; there are so many. If you have specific questions, we can try to answer them. I always tell people new to this to find an existing signal similar to the one they are trying to add and see how it was done and use it as an example.

The rest of the details about "compiling" and downloading and rebooting are almost all in GEH-6195, Chapter 8. Just remember that GEH-6195 was never really updated properly when the operator interface was changed to the GE Mark V HMI (running some version of MS-Windows and CIMPLICITY). So, take this into account when reading and trying to follow the information in the manual. If you have specific questions, we're here to try to help.

As far as I know, the three Mark V manuals, GEH-5979 (Users Manual), GEH-5980 (Maintenance Manual), and GEH-6195 (Application Manual), are just about all there is. They should always be the first thing one refers to for information. And, if there are specific questions, we can try to help; there is a good deal of experience and knowledge here from a variety of individuals.

Try the below from the MKV Application manual, do you have this manual?

A section of the I/O assignment file showing several contact inputs is shown as follows.
;HDW NAME SIGNAL SCALE ;COMMENTS
Q_QD1_CI04 L63HG1L CIM_I ; Q1 TCDA/DTBA- 7
Q_QD1_CI05 Q_QD1_CI05 CIM ; Q1 TCDA/DTBA- 9
Q_QD1_CI06 Q_QD1_CI06 CIM ; Q1 TCDA/DTBA- 11

HDW NAME defines:
· processor to which the point is coupled (Q)

· digital I/O core to which the point will be terminated in the control panel (QD1)

· type and number of the input signal (CI for contact input, 05 for fifth contact input)

SIGNAL defines:
· software signal pointname of the contact input
SCALE is a note about the inversion mask of the contact input:

· CIM_I denotes an inverted input

· CIM denotes a non-inverted input

COMMENTS defines the terminal board location and the I/O card to which the point is linked:
· TCDA is the I/O card to which the point is linked to and can be located under in the I/O Configurator

· DTBA - 9 is I/O termination board DTBA, terminal #9 for the signal input leg

Once an appropriate spare contact input point has been identified, change the name in the SIGNAL column to the desired software signal pointname. In the example, a contact input from device 33VR-1 is ; the corresponding software signal
pointname is L33VR1C.

If necessary, the intended inversion mask of the pointname may be changed using an ASCII text editor. Specifically, this involves editing the SCALE column of the selected point. The actual inversion masking of a contact input is determined by the I/O Configurator; the information in the SCALE column of IO.ASG for contact input points is descriptive and does not actually affect/reflect the actual inversion mask of the point.

Thanks CSA and Glen for explanation in Detail.

Could you please give the examples of AI and AO also like you have given for DO and DI. Rest of the information, I will check in the manuals that you have mentioned.

Regards,
Has100